This Sunday will be a first for not only us but churches across the United States and World at large. Suspending our gathering time, though it is best now, is always difficult for the Local Church. With that said, you/we can still enjoy God’s Word in our homes and with our families. Below, I want to give you some instructions on what we encourage for this Sunday.
- At 10 am Sunday, go to our Facebook page or click here to watch a Livestream from me on a short unpacking of 1 Corinthians 12:12-31 and some instructions.
- After watching the Livestream, do a Family Worship. Don’t let this intimidate you and don’t limit this concept to families with smaller children–this should be done with husband and wife as well. It’s simple, do these three things (I strongly encourage watching this video for a great explanation)
- Read God’s Word together and ask yourself these questions from this PDF
- Pray together about what you have learned from God’s Word and each other. It is important to let the text you read drive your time in prayer.
- Sing songs that are rich in theological content and draw your attention towards the Godhead. Here are the suggestions for this week, click and sing!
- If you have smaller kiddos, download these PDFs from the scheduled lesson for this Sunday. Use them during the afternoon on Sunday or later this week.
I am grateful for you all and trust the Lord will and is doing great things in you individually, us as Light in the Desert Church, and our community. Please, don’t hesitate to reach out if you need anything.
Grace and Peace,